What is Phentermine and what is it used for?
Phentermine is a drug that suppresses appetite, works similar to Sibutramine
It belongs to the Family of amphetamines, it can cause dependency although the risk is evidently low.
It is prescribed for the treatment of Obesity and is used in conjunction with diet and exercise, it is prescribed mainly when patients do not show much change with diet and exercise alone. It is a drug controlled by what was said above that can cause dependency.
It shows good short-term results and its use is recommended in people with high obesity.
How does Phentermine work?
It is a brain stimulant that acts on neurotransmitters. It stimulates neurons to release the neurotransmirores dopamine, epinephrine (adrenaline) and norepinephrine. These neurotransmitters stimulate the brain into Alertness which suppresses appetite.
How is Phentermine taken?
It is recommended to start with 15mg 1 hour before breakfast or no later than 2 hours after it (it is recommended at that time because it can cause insomnia problems), and increase up to a maximum of 30mg per day, for a maximum period of 12 weeks. since the medication loses effectiveness as the body begins to get used to it. Although recent studies have shown that effectiveness is not lost in 36 weeks. Once the medication is cut, the diet, exercise and medication program indicated by the doctor must be followed. And you should wait a time similar to that of the use, rest of the Phentermine.
Contraindications in the use of Phentermine
It should be avoided under the following cases:
- Allergy to the component or similar such as Pseudoephedrine
- That the patient has high blood pressure, glaucoma, hyperthyroidism, some disease of the circulatory system or the heart, severe narrowing of the blood vessels.
- That the patient is taking or has taken any of these medications in the last 14 days: dexfenfluramine, fenfluramine, flurazolidone, guanadrel, guanethidine, phenelzine.
- That the patient has a state of agitation, or suffers from alcohol and/or drug problems.
The patient should inform their doctor if they present any of the following cases:
- Pregnancy or lactation.
- If the patient takes medications, supplements or any herbal preparation.
- Any allergies to medications, food, or any other substance.
- Brain disorders, spinal cord disorders, hypertension, diabetes, narrow arteries, high cholesterol or triglycerides.
Phentermine is well tolerated, but it can cause some side effects such as increased pulse rate, increased blood pressure, palpitations, nervousness, insomnia, and irritability, among others that are less common. If taken long-term you can develop addiction to the substance.
We also have Terfamex 30mg Capsules
For use of this substance, consult your doctor. The use is the responsibility of the person who consumes it.